COURT THORN PATIENT PARTCIPATION GROUP (PPG) SEEKS NEW MEMBERS
The Patient Participation Group was established in 2011. Its members are all volunteers and are patients at Court Thorn Surgery.
The role of the PPG has been to:
1. Represent the ‘patient interest’ by working alongside the practice and evaluating performance. Together we review what is working within the practice and what is not.
2. Communicate with the practice population, feedback the information received to develop and plan future services to be delivered.
3. Act as a partner with the practice at strategic and operational levels.
In addition, we are involved with three key activities:
1. Prescription Delivery Service
- A free prescription delivery service, determined by the doctors, for patients, who by reason of age, infirmity, or lives in a remote location, cannot collect their prescriptions from the surgery.
2. Health Education Seminars
- We organise regular health education seminars with expert speakers, covering topics requested by patients.
3. Purchasing Equipment
- We raise funds to purchase equipment or additional equipment for the benefit of patients and staff. Some of which normally require a referral into secondary care.
- Would you like to make a difference to the care and service delivered/received by the patient population of Court Thorn Surgery? We want to hear your views and ideas.
To join you must be aged 18 or over and be a patient of Court Thorn Surgery. Meetings take place on average every 2 months.
Applications expressing interest with relevant personal information should be emailed to:
[email protected] F.A.O. Rachael Somerville, Business Manager.